“I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them. “ -Elizabeth Taylor

Sunday, February 13, 2011

weekend expose/excursion: take me home, to the place i belong

Sometimes, we all need a break.  And New York City definitely doesn't help to lower stress levels.  So this weekend, I spent in relaxation mode back where I call home: Long Island, New York.  A completely opposite aura surrounds my "small town," one where all is quiet on a Saturday night, and on an afternoon jog, one can actually hear bird chirping.  Most importantly, it felt good to escape from the throngs of people that evade NYC sidewalks at all hours of the day--and unwind in my home, sweet home.


Home.  Still snow on the ground.


The quiet streets.


Ducks.


Puppy, Lily.


This couldn't be found anywhere in NYC.


The best journey always leads us home.

1 comment: