“I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them. “ -Elizabeth Taylor

Thursday, February 3, 2011

i never lived the dreams of prom kings and drama queens

This afternoon was the first day of WYSE in the second semester.  During the Welcome Week, my suite-mates and I joined a club called Women and Youth Supporting Each other.  It is composed of about fifteen NYU attendees (all girls, of course) who travel to Park Slope, Brooklyn each Thursday to mentor middle school girls.  It has actually been an outlet for me to meet friends, as well as providing a source of knowledge and trust to some of those who need it most.  These girls are a bundle of spunk, let me tell you.  And by the way--today our session was about sex.


Park Slope, Brooklyn.


On our way to the middle school.


Four of our mentees.


Candid, or rather caught off-guard.


Angelique, Jeanette, Asia, Alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment